The Cat's Eye View

The Cat's Eye View

The Cat's Eye View

April Student of the Month: Devanshu Bodhankar

Becton’s April Student of the Month is Devanshu Bodhankar!

Bodhankar is a senior at Becton Regional High School. His schedule consists of a commendable, in-house internship as a Computer Technician with Mr. Richard Gbaguidi (our Supervisor of Technology & Innovation), AP Literature, AP Calculus, AP Environmental Science, AP Computer Science and Spanish 4 Honors.

Bodhankar describes how he balances this rigorous course load, “I try to keep a schedule to finish work for all my classes, but sometimes there can be no work or a lot of work– so it mismatches. Nonetheless, I try to finish all my homework in school because I prioritize a healthy sleep schedule overall.” 

Bodhankar’s prestigious internship mainly consists of assisting Mr. Gbaguidi with his own responsibilities and troubleshooting student Chromebooks. The goal in the end is that, “He will soon be able to do everything that I do without guidance,” Mr. Gbaguidi explains. Mr. Gbaguidi also recalls, “During the summertime, I hire people to help me with the Chromebooks, to get them ready for students. It’s a big position. Bodhankar volunteered to help. He didn’t get paid, he just volunteered his own time for two consecutive years.”

Praised as exemplary, commendable and respectful by Mr. Gbaguidi, Bodhankar is on his way! 

Bodhankar and the Becto Bots!

Continuing on with Bodhankar’s extraordinary achievements while at Becton, he is also a member of many clubs, teams, and societies such as the Robotics Team, Tennis Team, Multicultural Club, Philosophy Club, National Honors Society, Math Honors Society and the Computer Science Club.

While it might seem like Bodhankar’s plate is full with his packed schedule, he also prioritizes his free time. “During my free time, I like to build upon my hobbies/sports, such as practicing drawing. I also like to try out different activities, and I started learning animation recently as an example,” he illustrates.

Spanish 4 Honors teacher, Ms. Debbie Sanchez, describes Devanshu as “a quiet individual that knows how to balance school and free time well. Dev was extremely shy and now I see him interacting more with friends and making jokes with others. He works very well with others and shares his opinions on controversial topics without hesitation and with an open mindset.” She later adds that, “I wish him the best always, and I know he will do great things for his community and the world!”

In the future Bodhankar plans to attend university to further his education, mainly looking at Rutgers, Ramapo and NJIT in order to stay in-state. He plans to major in Computer Science. He attests that his mother was the inspiration behind his love for the career, “My mom also works in a computer science field and because of that, I have always found it interesting to work with computers.” After college, he plans to work either with his mother, or search for more opportunities.

Finally, Bodhankars advice for future students who want to work their way up to Student of the Month is “…keep trying to better yourself in academics, and devote your time to extracurricular activities.”

Congratulations again to our tech genius, Devanshu Bodhankar!