The Cat's Eye View

The Cat's Eye View

The Cat's Eye View

June Student of the Month: Mia Padovano

Becton Regional High School recognizes Mia Padovano as June’s Student of the Month! 

Throughout her four years at Becton, Padovano has taken a consistent initiative to remain hardworking and determined. Moreover, Padovano’s jam-packed schedule never stopped her from succeeding academically. Nonetheless, the University of Connecticut commit has a natural sense of responsibility and is a master of prioritizing her time, an imperative skill for adulthood! 

During Padovano’s four years here at Becton, she divulges that she participated in numerous clubs such as the Multicultural Club, Paw Club, and Key Club. Additionally, she has been inducted into several national honor societies such as the National Italian Honor Society, the National Honors Society, and the Math Honor Society! No wonder she was chosen! 

When she’s not at school, Padovano uses every moment of her spare time to be productive and maintain her work ethic. She revealed that she is a waitress at an Italian restaurant which can be a difficult task during an evening rush. But Padovano perseveres with a smile on her face and amazing grades on her report cards!

After her graduation this year, Padovano intends to attend the University of Connecticut to major in Finance. Although she is nervous to move away from home, her fellow Wildcats and teachers would agree Mia will flourish wherever the wind takes her!

Her former History teacher, Mr. Ryan, describes Padovano as an exemplary student. After Padovano’s return from the Europe trip, Mr. Ryan observes, “When Mia returned, she owed 6 assignments.  I emailed all of them to her. Within days of returning, she turned in all her work.” That moment and every other moment of Padovano’s lifestyle during high school is indicative that she is a bright mind and responsible student. Mr. Ryan would like to wish Mia all the happiness and success in college and her future endeavors. 

Mia was not expecting to be named student of the month, yet her humbleness and graciousness emanated out of her like true Wildcat pride! She is honored to have received the title and feels very grateful that she was chosen!

Congratulations Mia, on earning June’s Student of the Month!