The Cat's Eye View

The Cat's Eye View

The Cat's Eye View

Summer Artist of the Month: Ferdinando Morrone

Becton’s Summer Artist of the Month is Ferdinando Morrone!

Morrone is a freshman at BRHS who has expressed and shown his creativity through his art. He finds himself a creative person and is always interested in trying something new. His hobbies include painting, sketching and guitar building – he has also been an Astro-photographer for the last three years!

Morrone is deeply grateful for being picked for this title, explaining, “I spend a lot of time and effort on what I do and it’s always nice to get some recognition.”

Mrs. Dawn Savincki picked this wonderful artist not just because of his love for art but because ”he is a self-motivated individual and likes to create things based on what he has a passion for or his inspirations.”

She feels the Artist of the Month is a student who works hard in and outside of class, is self-motivated, creative and goes beyond what is asked for a project. Through his pieces, Mrs. Savincki feels Morrone has incorporated his love of music and astronomy. She attests that he is great with color theory, portraiture and perspective. Moving forward, Mrs. Savincki believes that if Morrone continues his practice and creating artwork, it will further improve his talents.

Some of Morrone’s Astro-photographs.

The piece that Morrone presented in this year’s Art Show was his Led Zeppelin piece which took him over 35 hours to create. This piece of work is representative of one of his favorite bands and he attested that he has thought about painting them for years. Inspired by his 8th grade teacher Mrs. Azzolini, he also painted a smaller piece of rock-star Eddie Van Halen.

Art is a huge part of Morrone’s life, he verified, because it gives him an outlet to “express his interest.” Although he enjoys creating art and being creative, his dream is to one day be an Astronaut for NASA and he intends to take any path necessary to get there!

Morrone wants future upcoming artists to know, “There’s no one way to do it. Any way you want, any material, anything to draw, any purpose of the art. And no one can tell you how, or what art is.”

Congratulations Ferdinando!