The Cat's Eye View

The Cat's Eye View

The Cat's Eye View

December Student of the Month: Christian Perez

For December’s Student of the Month, Becton Regional High School is eager to congratulate Christian Perez!

Perez is elated to be recognized for this honorable award and is happy to see that his efforts over his past four years at Becton have not gone unnoticed. It serves as a reminder to him to remain motivated, and that hard work and perseverance will always pay off.

Perez is the Student Council President, along with being a devoted member to various Becton clubs. This includes Debate, Varsity Tennis as a Captain, National Honor Society Senior President, Mu Alpha Theta, Images Magazine Club, and many more as he hopes to expand on and discover his passions. On top of all these activities, Perez also challenges himself by participating in a handful of AP and Honors courses, focusing primarily on English, History, Science, and Math.

Superintendent Dr. Dario Sforza & Christian Perez!

He explains that each year, he maxes out his schedule with any available advanced class he can take. By doing this, he’s learned key time utilization skills and prioritization. “Managing all these classes requires a disciplined approach to time management,” Perez states. “I’ve learned to utilize my free periods at school effectively, dedicating that time to studying and completing assignments.” Perez is “motivated, personable, and determined” as described by his AP Statistics teacher, Mr. Jason Jasinski.

However, academics aren’t the only thing that Perez considers valuable. Making time for extracurriculars, both in and out of school, is also a key factor in success! Perez finds activities outside of the classroom just as significant to your personal growth. It’s important to remain “authentic, dedicated, and always seek to expand your horizons.”

Perez and his peers as part of the Honor Guard during the ’22-’23 graduation.

Perez himself finds a creative outlet in the world of photography, using it to express himself and capture memories with loved ones. Perez and November Student of the Month, Skyla Tallakson, even have their own podcast! You can check it out on YouTube here: @InsertNamePodcast!

After his graduation this year, Perez intends on going to college somewhere on the East or West Coast. With his interest in business, political science, and a focus on economics and finance, Perez hopes to one day attend law school. He aspires to be a lawyer with a law firm of his very own one day. Despite these big dreams, he plans on staying near home– keeping his family close while he pursues his dreams and staying connected with what’s most important to him.

To Perez, becoming the Student of the Month is not just about academics or the classes you take, it’s about having a “genuine eagerness for learning.” He notes, “Explore subjects that genuinely interest you, and allow yourself to dive deep into them!”

Congratulations, Christian! Becton is proud to see how far you have come, and how far you will go!