The Cat's Eye View

The Cat's Eye View

The Cat's Eye View

Domenic Maucione Achieves 100 Hits

Maucione+and+his+team+celebrating+his+100th+hit%21+
Maucione and his team celebrating his 100th hit!

Another one of Becton’s own has reached a milestone! Becton Baseball Captain, Domenic Maucione, has achieved his 100th hit.

Through all four years of high school, Maucione has accomplished some incredible stats. His slugging percentage is .642, his batting average is .425, he currently has 107 hits and 86 RBI’s. Maucione also pitches– he has 144 strikeouts, and his earned run average is 2.40.

Head coach, Mr. Michael Lind, attests to Maucione’s achievements, “It could not have happened to a harder working player. When Dom had his 100th hit, it came as excitement and relief. I’m sure he would say the same thing, as there was a new sense of pressure to reach that milestone. ”

Maucione will continue his baseball career in college at Dominican University.  Mr. Lind had much to say on his departure from Becton, “Every single person on a college roster was their best player in high school. Dom knows that, and knows he will have to work twice as hard to prove himself when he steps onto the college-level field. I know he has the work ethic and drive to do it. I know he will be special at the next level.”

Matthew Bulger, who has been friends with Maucione for more than 17 years, praises his triumph, “It was electric watching him hit number 100, we all knew this was coming, and being there celebrating with him was truly amazing.”

Bulger commends his friend, “Dom has been like another coach to me for the past few years. But forgetting baseball for a minute, he’s my best friend, and I could not be more proud of him.” Bulger will also be continuing his baseball career in college at Columbia-Greene Community College.

There was one more special person who wanted to comment and congratulate Maucione on his accomplishments. Domenic’s father, as well as teacher and coach at Becton, Carlo Maucione, expresses his gratitude, “I am proud of his accomplishment and the hard work that he has put in, which was necessary for him to achieve this goal. I also know that he has bigger goals for the team this season. I am excited that he is getting the opportunity to continue to play. It is not easy to play at the next level and he has been working on getting better to prepare for playing against the tougher competition. He will start his summer college league immediately following his high school season.”

D. Maucione also wanted to share his thoughts on this feat, “Getting my 100th hit was a huge accomplishment for me. It has been something that I have been looking forward to since the first hit that I had in my high school career. My whole life I have worked hard whether it’s during baseball season or the middle of the winter, going to the gym and different hitting facilities just to work on perfecting my swing,” he explains, reminiscing on the effort he put in to get to this point.

Maucione continues, “Throughout the rest of the season I hope to continue to hit and pitch well and contribute to the team. As a team, I hope we can win the league and make a run in the state tournament. With graduation coming I have very mixed emotions with being sad that I am leaving my high school, but also excited to play for a new team, go to a new school and meet new people.”

Maucione leaves his lasting words, “For my underclassmen teammates I would tell them to continue to work hard, make sure that they do not let one mistake or one little thing they do wrong change the way they view the game or their work ethics. Lastly, I would tell them to have fun and enjoy it because they never know when the last time they may step on the field might be.”

Congratulations Domenic Maucione on this incredible milestone. HUM NOW!