The Cat's Eye View

The Cat's Eye View

The Cat's Eye View

A Big Thank You to Our BRHS Custodians!

National Custodian’s Day

National Custodial Worker’s Recognition Day is celebrated on October 2. This holiday allows custodians in school and workplace environments to be recognized for their hard work and dedication each and every day– keeping our schools clean, students and staff safe, and fixing all of our problems! 

At Becton, Philip Caputo is the supervisor of Buildings and Grounds (CEFM). His expertise is HVAC, electrical, and plumbing. He takes care of all mechanical problems in the building. On Becton’s team, there is an electrician, a carpenter, and a mason as well, in addition to workers who take care of all the lighting and sound in our auditorium. There are also three ladies who are custodians and bus drivers– making Becton one of the few schools with a high female custodian percentage.

Each person on the team has done the amazing task of ensuring that the school runs smoothly. Caputo verifies, “Our job is to keep our building clean and maintained. I feel that our staff does a great job at both. We try to save the district as much time as possible by performing the work that we do. I am proud to say that I am the supervisor of our staff and I couldn’t ask for anything more.”

School Library Media Specialist, Mary Vaccaro, has shared her appreciation for the incredible work that the custodians do every day, “Everyone does a great job taking care of our building. I know that the faculty restroom is always clean, and has soap and paper towels available. Joanie, Antia, and Natalie are a wonderful addition to the team. Scotty, Vinny, Bernard, Dragi, Kevin, and Phil are all great! Whenever I ask for something, it is taken care of very quickly. They are all always ready and willing to lend a helping hand. I hope that our students appreciate all that they do every day to keep our building looking good and heeping it clean for all of us!” Additionally, student Angeles Quintuna states, “I love they are able to keep the main cafeteria and the auxiliary cafeteria clean. They always make sure the bathrooms are pristine!”

It is important to understand the efforts that the custodians make on a daily basis. Becton applauds the Custodian’s team for all of their diligent work and determination throughout the school grounds. Becton is proud to have such a loyal and supportive team.

Thank you for all you do today and every day!