The Cat's Eye View

The Cat's Eye View

The Cat's Eye View

BRHS Key Club: Upcoming Projects

Earlier+this+year%2C+Key+Club+teamed+up+with+the+Grow+a+Row+Organization+to+pick+up+fallen+apples+that+were+then+donated+to+local+food+banks%21+
Earlier this year, Key Club teamed up with the Grow a Row Organization to pick up fallen apples that were then donated to local food banks!

The Key Club is an international student-led organization. There are about 100 students who participate in Becton’s Key Club! The Key Club collaborates with other clubs– their most common collaborations being with the Environmental Club and the NHS. The goals for the members are to help the community and to realize we can make a difference! The Key Club has already participated in many different fundraisers this school year. 

Key Club Activities:

• Currently collecting clothing donations for a new year, new me clean out
  • Currently collecting plastic and recyclables 
  • Wrote letters to St. Judes children
  • Helped host the holiday party at the retirement center
  • Wore purple for Epilepsy Awareness Month as well as making posters and hosting a bake sale
  • Collected candy for troops
  • Went apple picking and donated them to a local food bank

As there have been many activities already completed by the Key Club, this is just the beginning! As Mrs. Damelio, the Advisor of the Key Club added, “The officers choose every month what activities we will be participating in.” The club recently had a meeting to discuss the activities for February. 

To focus on January’s projects, the Key Club has a clothing donation to help those who need clothes. “Many don’t have the opportunity to donate their clothes and in return they get thrown away. We wanted to give Becton the opportunity to have a place to bring unused clothes and we will drop them off at locations for them!” Mrs. Damelio explained. This activity goes until January 30

Furthermore, the Key Club’s goal for the plastic collecting activity this Janurary is to collect 500 lbs of plastic. This movement was first started by the retirement home located on Hackensack street in East Rutherford. Mrs. Damelio stated, “The retirement home across the street started this fundraiser and asked for our help to reach their goal. Of course we said yes!” This activity goes until January 26

Keep up with Becton’s Key Club: HERE!