The Cat's Eye View

The Cat's Eye View

The Cat's Eye View

Dancing With the Stars Season 32 Has Come to a Close

Marvel Star Xochitl Gomez and partner Valentin “Val” Chmerkovskiy have claimed the Len Goodman Mirrorball Trophy!

After 11 weeks of professional ballroom dance training and performing, Marvel Star Xochitl Gomez and partner Valentin “Val” Chmerkovskiy have claimed the Len Goodman Mirrorball Trophy! Xochitl’s dance ability and performance quality set her apart from the other competitors. 

To begin, the Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness star’s flamboyant qualities led her to earn the highest score of the night on eight different occasions! Many people doubted her ability because she was the youngest person in the competition, but she gained a passion for the art and acquired beautiful technique. Wildcat Dance Team coach Carina Nunez explained, “Technique is very important in dance because there are specific counts for the feet when doing ballroom dances. One should have excellent skills in dance technique and be flexible. It is also important to not be stiff when dancing.”

The pair lighting up the stage together!

Additionally, Partner Valentin Chmerkovskiy has captured his third win on the show. Gomez often succeeded with latin styles of dance; however, Judge Derek Hough claimed those are arguably the hardest styles to do. Wildcat Dance Team coach Carina Nunez agreed and elaborated further. “I think salsa is difficult to learn because there are many steps to remember for this type of dance.” Moreover, on the show, Gomez divulged that she had no prior dance experience and still reigned notorious in the ballroom.

All finalists without their partners.

Other finalists of this season include singer-songwriter Jason Mraz and Daniella Karagach, “Vanderpump Rules” actress Ariana Madix and Pasha Pashkov, television actress Alyson Hannigan and Sasha Farber, and star of “The Bachlorette” Charity Lawson and Artem Chigvinstev. Some of them and a few of the other celebrity contestants will be making guest appearances for the “Dancing With the Stars” live tour.

Ultimately, every single pair on the show did a stupendous job working together and dancing their hearts out for the world, but Xochitl Gomez and Valentin Chmerkovskiy stole the show and earned the Len Goodman Mirrorball Trophy.