The Cat's Eye View

The Cat's Eye View

The Cat's Eye View

TV 1 & 2 Classes Attend “The Drew Barrymore Show”

Mrs. Settembrino and Mr. Martinez led their TV 1 and TV 2 classes on an exciting field trip to witness the live taping of the Drew Barrymore Show at CBS Studios in New York on April 4 2024. The purpose of the trip was to provide students with a look behind the scenes of television production, and to inspire them by exposing them to industry professionals in action.

The logo for “The Drew Barrymore Show”!

During the show, host Drew Barrymore engaged in lively conversations with guests, including “Elsbeth” star Carrie Preston and comedian Jerrod Carmichael. Topics ranged from light-hearted discussions, such as Googling symptoms and viral penguin videos, to deeper topics such as authenticity in front of the camera, such as Carmichael’s experience coming out about his sexuality during his comedy special and the impact it had on his family.

In addition to the engaging interviews, a crew member of the Drew Barrymore Show, Zanna Roberts Rassi, offered a special beauty-themed tutorial, delving into trends like the Velveeta hair color and TikTok’s invisible mascara hack. Becton students in attendance were even treated to giveaways of some of the showcased products.

The second segment of the show featured actor Glen Powell and Adria Arjona, known for their leading roles in the romantic action comedy “Hitman”. They discussed their experiences and insights into their roles in the film. which is set to air on Netflix this June.

Becton students posed on the streets of New York!

Thanks to connections Mrs. Blake had with producers from the show, Becton students were given a behind-the-scenes tour of the studio. Students were led through the kitchen, where one student remarked, “It was interesting to see the realities of TV production; for example, the kitchen didn’t even have running water!” They were also taken to see the props for the show, the editing room, and were given a Q&A session with producers.

Jose and Arion of the TV 1 class shared, “It was a fun trip, and it was cool to see famous people and learn a lot about the process.” Arion added that he enjoyed that the show interacted a lot with the audience and enjoyed learning, “how they remix audio and edit…and sometimes have to work with a very quick turnaround.” He noted, “It is similar to what we do in the classroom, but on a much larger scale and budget.”

Mrs. Settembrino shared that the trip went very well, and she was glad students seemed to be interested in the production process and enjoyed the show!