Filed under Fall Sports, Sports

Pontier, Anderson named Homecoming King and Queen

Luis Pontier and Tamia Anderson are honored to be voted Homecoming King and Queen by the junior and senior classes.

This year’s Homecoming King and Queen are Luis Pontier and Tamia Anderson. Both were crowned at the Sept. 30 varsity football game.

Luis has been playing football for eleven years and plans on attending Montclair State University to major in nursing and continue playing football. “I’m so happy I was picked. It made my senior year even better,” he said.

Furthermore, Homecoming Queen Tamia Anderson said she was honored to win. Tamia has been cheering for ten years and plans on attending North Carolina Central University in the near future. She noted that her main goal for her senior year is for the varsity football team to make it to Metlife Stadium for the championship.

Friday, September 30, was the Becton Wildcats second home game, making it the fourth varsity football game of the season. Becton took the victory against Bogota with a final score of 47 to 7. Touchdowns were scored by Sophomore Mekhi Davis, Junior Anthony Thomas and Senior Seven Strong.

Becton Cheering Coach Mrs. Scalera said, “Both the girls and guys are doing such a great job. I’m happy the seniors are having such a good year and working so hard.” She also hopes to win the State Championship as the Wildcats had done during the 2004-2005 season.

During halftime, the cheerleaders did not get to perform due to inclimate weather, but the homecoming ceremony still took place.

The remainder of the Homecoming Court was made up of seniors Zoe Rose, Ciara Morin, Ryan Strauss and Joe Lesho. 

The 2016-2017 Homecoming Court includes Luis Pontier, Tamia Anderson, Zoe Rose, Joe Lesho, Ciara Morin and Ryan Strauss.

Taina Soler