Filed under Alumni, Sports

Alumnus Zack Trause earns First Team All ECAC Award, credits Becton Football for his success

Mike Trause

Becton alumnus Zachary Trause has been awarded First Team 2014 ECAC Division III North as a return specialist for Tufts University. This past year, Trause played a major role in turning around Tuft’s football program, and the award serves as a testament to his hard work and dedication.

“It is always nice to receive an individual award and to be recognized for your work and success, especially as a part of the First Team All-ECAC,” stated Trause. However, he made it clear that his team’s successful season was his greatest accomplishment.

This season, the 2011 Becton graduate stunned Tufts University football fans by returning both a kick off and a punt for a touch down in the same game. Zack was glad that this accomplishment helped contribute to the success that the team earned as a whole.

The star football player credits Becton Football for helping him develop into the player he is today. He made it clear that his coaches and teammates at Becton Regional taught him how to work hard, remain mentally and physically tough, and most importantly, to be a team player.

trause

“Becton football will always mean a lot to me. You practice and play as a family. I’ve had a great four years playing in college, but nothing can compare to that feeling of playing for your family, friends, school, and really, your community,” said Trause.

As a sophomore at Tufts, Trause quickly moved up to the position of starting running back. “At first there was a quick transition period, as with anything new, where you’re seeing unfamiliar faces, schemes, and routines. The size and speed of everyone obviously brings up the level of play, but once you understand the system and are able to play without having to think, everything becomes natural,” said Trause.

He advises Becton’s current seniors who plan on playing football in college to prepare to spend a lot of time and energy on the game.

After earning a bachelor’s degree in civil engineering this May, Zack plans on staying in Boston, Massachusetts and working at a construction management firm.

About the Writer
David Stoltz, Staff Writer

David is currently a senior, but as a junior, he was nominated for Boys State. For nearly four years now, David has been a member of the debate...

• Alumnus Zack Trause earns First Team All ECAC Award, credits Becton Football for his success

Alumni

Becton alumna raises thousands for multiple sclerosis awareness

Alumni

Becton staff welcomes School Resource and Juvenile Officer David Alberta

Alumni

Anzidei, 2009 Becton graduate, writes front page news for The Record

Alumni

Alumni Spotlight: Phil McCrickard, Class of 2007

Showcase

Communications students gain a behind-the-scenes look at Good Morning America

Features

Junior Gallegos to attend rigorous foreign educational program

Student Spotlight

April Student of the Month: Jacklyn Sewastianowicz

Showcase

Debate team members continue to develop skills at PENNMC

Showcase

Drama students’ monologues reflect growing up in ‘Our Town’

Showcase

Junior Ochoa & his band take home 1st place at talent show

Translate »