The Cat's Eye View

The Cat's Eye View

The Cat's Eye View

December Artist of the Month: Sarah Valenzuela

Becton Regional proudly awards freshman Sarah Valenzuela as Artist of the Month for the month of December!

The Artist of the Month is nominated based on input from every teacher in the art department. The art teachers, Mrs. Savincki, Mr. Donovan, Mr. Martinez, and Mrs. Lennon chose students from each of their classes who demonstrate exceptional effort, creativity, and skill. They select one student who they believe best exemplifies these values.

Valenzuela is a high-achieving student that puts hard work into everything she does. She likes to spend her free time exercising, listening to music, drawing, and working on her art.

Valenzuela was selected as this month’s artist of the month because of the many highly detailed drawings she has done not only as a student in Art 1, but at home. Valenzuela takes her time to depict characters with great attention to detail in their design and expression.

A piece of Valenzuela’s art.

Valenzuela explains that she finds art entertaining and enjoys the creative process. She shares that the key factors that help her improve her artwork are the support of her parents and teachers throughout the years.

Art 1 teacher, Mr. Mitchell Martinez, shares on her behalf, “Sarah’s artistic process involves careful thought and experimentation. She takes chances with her work and perseveres until she is genuinely satisfied with the final product. Her dedication and willingness to push boundaries make her a remarkable artist who consistently produces stunning pieces that showcase her unique perspective and creativity.”

When asked what someone can do if they want to improve their art, Valenzuela left behind a powerful message, “There will be times when you are not satisfied, but you can’t take that as a sign to give up. It takes patience and practice. The slightest inconvenience doesn’t mean failure.”

Congratulations Sarah!