The Cat's Eye View

The Cat's Eye View

The Cat's Eye View

8th Grade Open House 2023

On Oct. 26 2023, Becton hosted their annual 8th Grade Open House. This event is aimed towards informing up-and-coming freshmen about all the wonderful  programs Becton has to offer. With the addition of Maywood, Carlstadt and East Rutherford students, Becton opportunities are bound to grow exponentially!

Our Superintendent and Principal, Dr. Dario Sforza, began the night by welcoming the parents and students into the school. He invited them into the Performing Arts Center, letting them in on Becton’s best-kept secrets as well as a showcase of our school’s success. Sforza commented that his favorite part of the event is, “creating a mini-version of what students can experience during their four years of high school at BRHS.”

Becton’s Math Department on Open House night!

The entire staff of Becton chipped in to make the night special for everyone. According to Mr. Malyack, the Math Department hosted, “math games and puzzles using cards and dice to give future students a positive interactive experience with math.”

Similarly, Mrs. Valente of the English department shared that the department laid out all the readings the students will tackle in the future and all the electives the department offers. Valente highlights the importance of this night, “The open house is all about connecting with the students and seeking their interests.”

Becton’s World Language Department on Open House night!

Mr. D’Alia, of the Science Department, shared that they performed all kinds of experiments for the students and parents! D’Alia explained, “The open house is important so the incoming parents and students get a taste of the verse programs that becton has to offer!”

Mr. Woyce, a teacher in the World Language Department, shared that they enticed the future students of Becton with a playful game involving cognate words in Spanish and Italian. The winners received a treat!

Sforza looks forward to next year, “Next year’s freshman class is going to be full of enthusiasm and school spirit, but should not be afraid to be challenged academically and athletically. The perfect combination of a successful Wildcat!”