NJSLA May Testing & Upcoming Delayed Openings

NJSLA TESTING SCHEDULE

Next week and the following, the NJ Student Learning Assessment (NJSLA) will be administered to grade 11 students for Science, grade 9 students for Math and ELA, and grade 10 students that are in Algebra 1.

On May 2nd and May 3rd, all 9th-grade students and any 10th-grade students in Algebra 1 will be required to take the NJSLA Math. The NJSLA Math Assessment consists of two 90-minute units.

On May 9th and May 10th, all 11th-grade students will be required to take the NJSLA Science Assessment. The NJSLA Science Assessment consists of four 60-minute units with two taken each day.

In addition, on May 9th, 10th, and 11th all 9th-grade students will be required to take the NJSLA ELA. The NJSLA ELA Assessment consists of three 90-minute units.

Grade 12 students will not be tested.

The assessments will be delivered on the same platform that students are already familiar with, TestNav. Students who are absent on the day of testing will be required to make up the NJSLA assessment at a later date within the testing window. Therefore, please make every effort to have your child attend school on the days of testing. Students testing must be present in their designated testing rooms (HR – unless told otherwise) by 7:50 a.m. Designated testing rooms will be HR or will be emailed to each student that has an IEP, 504 or is an ELL student. All students not testing on the designated day, should report to the gymnasium by 9:50 a.m.

Carlstadt & East Rutherford Bussing:
● For students testing, bus pickup will be normal time.
● For students NOT testing, bus pickup will be two hours after normal pickup.

Maywood Bussing:
● For students testing, bus pickup will be normal time (pick-up time varies by bus stop)
● For students NOT testing, bus pickup will be approximately two hours after the regularly scheduled times at the regular stops. Students should arrive 10 minutes early to accommodate the schedule due to the decreased number of passengers.