Samantha Zawadski Scores Student of the Month for March

Becton Athletics

Sam Zawadski demonstrates her skills outside of the classroom.

Sarah Oehlmann, Editor: Sports, Clubs & Student Activities

Senior Samantha Zawadski has been chosen as the March Student of the Month. As a star athlete, homecoming queen, and honors student, Sam Zawadski is the epitome of a well-rounded student. When asked about the honor, Zawadski expressed that, “so many others do amazing things, so being chosen is an honor, I’m glad I’m being recognized for everything I do. Only a few others get this…it feels very rewarding”.

http://twitter.com/i/status/1240375740392189952

The Senior stands apart from her classmates as a result of her impeccable work, selflessness and an inherent need to be there for others. She finds that the most challenging part of high school has been balancing her schoolwork, her club memberships, and work. She has seen what the pressures of the nearing future hold, but looks forward to what’s next. Clearly, Zawadski is already off to an amazing start, impressing her teachers and fellow students with her work ethic and self-driven attitude. Zawadski views herself as a caring individual who “wants to help people and motivate others”. 

Moreover, she found her favorite subject to be English, specifically with one teacher, Ms. Scalera, “She teaches with real connections.” She doesn’t take a history this year otherwise that would be her next favorite, as she greatly enjoys the content.

Outside of the classroom, Zawadski participated in Becton athletics as a Varsity Soccer player for four years and earned the title of Captain her junior and senior years. As a soccer player, Zawadski said she, “has had so much fun playing the last 4 years, made so many memories, and being captain allows me to express my love for the game and motivate younger players.” 

Zawadski has left a huge imprint on the school through her involvement and leadership roles in various clubs and organizations. She is a part of the Key Club as the Vice President, National Honors Society, Italian Honors Society, Yearbook as the Senior Editor, Vice President of the Senior Class, Horticulture Club, Environmental Club, PAW Club, and Peer Leadership. Her favorite out of those extracurriculars is the Key Club because it “allows me to give back to the community and help others.” 

The senior has applied to four colleges including Sacred Heart, Monmouth, Montclair, and Ramapo. Although she doesn’t know exactly what she wants to major in, she most likely wants to stay close to her Becton roots and attend either Montclair or Ramapo. She would like to pursue a meaningful career where “I can help others and make an impact on the world.” Zawadski appears already well on her way to make that happen.