The Cat's Eye View

The Cat's Eye View

The Cat's Eye View

Becton’s Images Magazine: Cover Design Contest and Writing Competition

The Images Magazine is a magazine that runs on student submissions of artwork, poetry and short stories. At this time, they are collecting work to put this year’s issue of the magazine together, and are hosting their annual contest for the cover design of the magazine, as well as an additional writing contest for a prize of a gift card.

The theme of the cover design can be of any school appropriate topic, ranging from art, history, and current events of this year, to wide-scale issues of pollution or global warming, and even abstract concepts such as dreams or change. The final design does not have to include the title, “Images Magazine 2024,” but it should show lots of contrast and be able to be displayed in black and white, as well as in color. Additionally, it must take up a full page of 8.5 by 11 inches of space. As it was in past years, the winner of the contest will be decided via a vote by the staff members of the Images Magazine. 

The Images Magazine is also holding a writing contest in any genre and form. People can write about a multitude of topics, from sports to nature to anything that they wish as long as it is school appropriate. There are two separate categories, one for poetry, songs, haikus, and the other for short stories. Nonetheless, the writing submission should be in a clear, readable 12 point font and no more than two pages long. Subsequently, there will be two winners, each getting a gift card.

All final submissions for both contests must be emailed to Mrs. Dawn Savincki ([email protected]), the founder of the Images Magazine, by March 28

The winners of the writing contest will be announced in a few months after submission, right before spring break, and will be chosen by the editorial staff and another teacher! Good luck!