The Cat's Eye View

The Cat's Eye View

The Cat's Eye View

Becton Welcomes Mrs. Eileen Horn

Supervisor of Student Supports and Special Services
Becton Welcomes Mrs. Eileen Horn

Becton’s Child Study Team has welcomed a new member, Mrs. Eileen Horn. She has joined the team as Supervisor of Student Supports and Special Services, a role that essentially consists of finding the best ways to support the needs of special education students and student support staff, as well as the specific students that they serve. She has had experience working in this position as well as several other positions relating to guidance and special education. During her time in one of these positions as a special education teacher, she was inspired by a coworker to pursue this path further in order to reach more students. 

As Horn puts it, “As a young special education teacher, my mentor and friend, Cynthia, was a seasoned school psychologist and case manager. She inspired me to follow in her footsteps and follow my own desire to address student needs and be a strong advocate for them.” Horn has a degree in English and another in Education from Rutgers University in New Jersey. She describes herself as a lifelong learner, and she has shown this by going beyond her initial degrees to further her education with a focus on Special Education at William Paterson University and is currently continuing her studies in Educational Leadership.

So far Horn is enjoying her time at Becton. She has expressed that she believes that Becton is, “warm, welcoming, and sets high standards while providing support and opportunity.” Her favorite part of this job is the people that she has met, be it her colleagues or the students, as well as simply the work in itself– getting to hear people’s problems and help them out of them, and learning something new every day.

Horn spends her free time with family and her Havanese rescue dog, Vienna, along with doing other activities she enjoys such as reading, listening to music, watching movies, going for walks, and spending time with her friends.

We are thrilled to have Horn join our Becton staff and look forward to seeing her excel!