The Cat's Eye View

The Cat's Eye View

The Cat's Eye View

Knight and Stallone Earn the Kindness Awards for September and October

The+Kindness+Award+recipients+with+the+support+of+their+families%2C+coaches%2C+Dr.+Sforza%2C+and+the+Board+of+Education%21+
The Kindness Award recipients with the support of their families, coaches, Dr. Sforza, and the Board of Education!

At the recent board of education meeting, the Becton Regional High School Board of Education, along with Acting Superintendent/Principal Dr. Sforza, had the privilege of honoring two remarkable students, senior Jordan Stallone and junior Lauren Knight, with the Kindness-Citizenship Award. This recognition is given to students who exhibit acts of kindness and generosity within their community, reflecting the core values that Becton Regional High School holds.

In the case of Jordan Stallone, his act of heroism unfolded during his lifeguard duty at the Maywood pool. He witnessed a young girl jump into the pool, only to become unresponsive as she sank to the bottom of the deep end. Without hesitation, Stallone sprung into action, rescuing the girl and taking her out of the pool until medical professionals arrived on the scene. Although the girl was in serious condition, her life was saved, thanks to Stallone’s quick thinking and well-honed lifeguard skills. He emphasized that his three years of intensive lifeguard training provided him with the unique capability to rescue her from the deep pool. When asked about the motivation behind his heroic actions, Stallone stated, “It’s simply the right thing to do.”

Lauren Knight’s compassionate nature also earned her the Kindness-Citizenship Award. During a summer cheer practice, Knight’s leadership and kindness skills were proven when one of her teammates suffered a broken arm while attempting a challenging stunt. Along with her coaches, Lauren took immediate action, providing comfort to her injured teammate, adjusting her arm to ease her discomfort, and waiting with her until the ambulance arrived. Knight’s compassion was further proven when she assured her teammates that no one was at fault for the unfortunate injury.

When asked about her motivation to be kind to others, Knight took a moment to reflect and shared, “If you are kind, people will be kind back to you.”

Both Stallone and Knight exemplify Becton’s values. Stallone is a high-achieving student and accomplished wrestler, while Knight participates in cheer, softball, and various extracurricular activities. Their exceptional acts of kindness truly make them deserving recipients of the award.

Their outstanding acts of kindness, selflessness, and leadership make them not only recipients of the Act Kindness-Citizenship Award but also shining examples for their fellow classmates and the entire Becton community.