The Cat's Eye View

The Cat's Eye View

The Cat's Eye View

February is American Heart Month

“Do your part, take care of your heart,” encourages the American Heart Association.

The American Heart Association is a motivational, voluntary organization that was founded on June 10, 1924 and is dedicated to fighting heart disease and stroke. Heart disease is the number one killer worldwide, and stroke ranks second. Despite not all cases resulting in death, these diseases can cause disabilities and life-long effects on one’s quality of life. The non-profit organization is made up of about 35,000 volunteers and supporters with the goal of gathering cardiovascular medical research in order to raise awareness and help those battling heart disease. Please see the A.H.A action plan here.

Becton’s Battle Against Heart Disease:

• Feb. 2: Becton hosted “National Wear Red Day” where students and staff wore red attire to help support those who have died, survived, or are fighting heart-related diseases.
  • Feb. 6: Becton hosted their Annual Blood Drive.
  • Feb. 24: Becton is hosting a “Walk-a-Thon” where Math Honor Society Members and their advisor, Mr. Joseph Malyack, will be hosting a 2 hour Walk-a-thon at Riggin Memorial Field in order to gather donations for the A.H.A..
  • All Month Long: Physical Education Teacher and Student Activities Coordinator, Ms. Jessica O’Driscoll, has announced Becton will be hosting the “Paws for a Cause” fundraiser to raise money for the A.H.A. Please click here to DONATE!
Becton’s Blood Drive!

The Cat’s Eye View highly encourages everyone to stay active and healthy throughout the month of February and post-February to help support the American Heart Association’s mission to help America defeat heart diseases.

Sources:

https://www.heart.org/en/