Krispy Kreme: Opening Date and What to Expect.

With the opening of the new Krispy Kreme pushed back again, students and faculty are left with a hankering for doughnuts that may never be filled.

A. Berrios

Krispy Kreme will open soon, but will it live up to your expectations?

Anthony Berrios, Staff Writer

When you think of Krispy Kreme, you think of their savory, unhealthy but delicious glazed doughnuts. Krispy Kreme’s doughnuts have been widely recognized as one of the best since they were founded in 1937. While most people in the Meadowlands have to settle for doughnuts at places like Dunkin’ and local pastry shops, the newest Krispy Kreme’s opening in East Rutherford, their first location in Bergen County, has been the subject of speculation for a year. Whether you are waiting for the indulgent taste of their world-famous glazed doughnut or ready to try it for the first time, we are counting down the months, days, hours and minutes until the grand opening.

We polled 100 students and the results are in, the majority of Becton can’t wait any longer for those fresh, sugary doughnuts.

“Krispy Kreme doughnuts are so much better than Dunkin’, they just taste better and make the unhealthy choice worth it,” says sophomore Amanda Hasch. The location is great, as it is located in the Liberty Commons shopping center near Route 17, right next to Becton. This will attract drivers on the highway and students coming before and after school, who are looking for a quick and tasty dessert. “Because of all of the fundraisers in which Becton partners with Krispy Kreme, I am excited to see one coming so close” explains Senior Jenny Marcinkowski. There is also expected to be a huge crowd for the months following the opening, as the other New Jersey locations in Jersey City, Springfield, and Collingswood, are quite a drive for North Jersians.

Still not close enough? You are in luck, as Krispy Kreme recently announced a new delivery service. Though most locations will require you to live within 10 miles, the fee for delivery is only $5. 

The ratings of the other New Jersey Krispy Kreme’s aren’t lower than 4-stars. “I don’t expect this store to go any lower than 4 stars, like the rest of them,” says Sophomore Ronald DeBiase. With all of the build-up, Krispy Kreme will certainly be held to high expectations, and we hope that the company doesn’t disappoint.

After 17 months since the initial news, the time may have finally come. As of this publication, the East Rutherford Krispy Kreme is having it’s official Grand Opening TOMORROW, Tuesday, March 10th.