Seniors Nuila, Kruse, DeCarlo & Squeo selected as Class of 2019 officers

Back to Article
Back to Article

This year's senior class officers, Jaylen Nuila, Paige Kruse, Lynda DeCarlo and Lisa Squeo are determined to create and organize new senior class activities.

Monserrath Martinez, Staff Writer

The senior class officers for the 2018-2019 school year, President Jaylen Nuila, Vice President Paige Kruse, Secretary Lynda DeCarlo and Treasurer Lisa Squeo, have all agreed that their goals as leaders are to handle senior class activities, continue to increase school spirit, and strengthen the Class of 2019’s bond in order to create a joyful and memorable year.

First and foremost, Senior Class President Jaylen Nuila is determined to make the best out of her last year of high school. As an officer, she feels honored to have the opportunity to stand in front of others and speak on behalf of her classmates at the Class of 2019 Commencement Ceremony, which she described as “a big deal”. 

…I know they will commit to doing a good job.”

— President Jaylen Nuila

Not only is Jaylen extremely active in Becton’s athletic program, but she is socially engaged with a majority of her peers as well, especially the other senior class officers. “I’ve known most of them since middle school, so I know they will commit to doing a good job,” she said. Later on, the vice president described her and Jaylen’s relationship as a “bond”.

The president explained that they are all good friends outside of school and that their close relationship carries over to inside of the building as well.

Furthermore, this year’s senior class is counting on Paige’s experience and understanding of how clubs operate in order to successfully implement class fundraisers and activities. As vice president, Paige believes that she has been chosen due to her involvement throughout the school these past few years and believes her fellow classmates respect her input.

Agreeing to that statement, Lynda believes it will be easy to communicate with the rest of the girls due to their good chemistry; however, she feels like the biggest issue that they will face is making sure everyone’s needs are fulfilled.

“I want all of the seniors to have faith in us girls because they need to know that we will get stuff done and make this year as fun as it can be,” added Lisa. Lisa decided to run for treasurer because she likes math and is good at handling money. She knows that she is good for this position and understands that nothing can be done unless they raise money; therefore, she wants to help manage revenue and expenses.

A challenge that the group looks forward to overcoming this year is persuading the rest of the Class of 2019 to agree with any of their ideas, as well as staying organized while keeping up with their rigorous class schedules.

Nevertheless, the group of Becton leaders described this year’s senior class as entertaining. They characterize them as a rowdy group with a lot of school spirit that in turn, will improve the school as a whole.

About the Writer
Monserrath Martinez, Staff Writer

Monserrath Martinez is a junior at Henry P. Becton Regional High School. Monse is excited for the new school year and feels optimistic for any new opportunities...

• Seniors Nuila, Kruse, DeCarlo & Squeo selected as Class of 2019 officers

Community

East Rutherford field re-dedicated to Captain Charles H. Riggin

In Case You Missed It

Mr. James Bononno becomes Acting Assistant Principal of BRHS

In Case You Missed It

Dr. Sforza appointed as Becton Regional H.S. Acting Supt./Prin.

Community

Female seniors share positive experience of Girls’ Career Institute

In Case You Missed It

Becton junior enrolls in Italian elective to learn a 6th language

Features

New school nurse, Ms. Collins, brings many years of experience to Becton

Cat's Eye View Announcement

Congratulations to the 2018 Prom Court!

Class of 2018 News

Senior Jimenez completes hands-on internship at Becton

In Case You Missed It

Criminal Justice class witnesses functions of county court system

In Case You Missed It

Dr. Khatchig Mouradian presents BRHS students with lecture on Armenian Genocide