Sophomore Grabowski receives multiple recognitions

Sophomore Blaze Grabowski is president of the Class of 2021.

Aminah Iqbal and Monserrath Martinez

The last few weeks have been very productive for Sophomore Blaze Grabowski who not only was elected as president of the Class of 2021, but also won the Best Delegate Award at Yale Model Congress.

According to several of his classmates, Blaze’s victory in the class election was primarily based on all that he has accomplished so far. Furthermore, many of those who voted for Blaze said that he earned their vote because of how he “puts others before himself” and because of “the kindness he presents to his fellow peers.” Students also said that they voted for him over others because of “his motivation and campaign promises.”

“I look to make huge strides in representing the values of the sophomore class,” said Blaze. The underclassman knows that he can make a difference in ensuring that the sophomore student body will have an influential and unforgettable experience during his/her time at Becton.

The class officer used his numerous accomplishments to help him campaign. “For example, I told students that I had fundraised $1,800 for the Becton Debate Team and that I will use that experience for the future.” Blaze also stressed to the student body that he wishes “to bring student council to the next level” and “looks to make a substantial difference at Becton.”

It was revealed that one of the main reasons he decided to run for student government was to make his ideas a reality. He has “bold aspirations for his class and school,” and his goal is for this vision to come to life. He also said that he would be working alongside the administration to implement his agenda.

Knowing that in the past running for class officer can tend to be a popularity contest, Grabowski urged students to realize that electing a student officer should not be used as an “opportunity to vote for the most popular of the crowd, but to vote for someone with a proven record of results.”

With a whole new year ahead, Blaze ensures that progress will be made, and he thanks his fellow classmates for “voting for the results and voting for Blaze Grabowski.”

In other great news, Blaze was announced “Best Delegate” in the Purple Senate Judiciary Committee at Yale Model Congress during the last weekend in November. He believes that his hard work is what leads him to receive such titles, as he has delivered many speeches about legislation, and has written a vast amount of amendments to change legislation.

Blaze takes pleasure in what he does as a member of Yale Model Congress and said that in the future he will continue to strive for more awards and gavels.