Multiple talents debuted at annual Art and Music Festival

Yomarie Llanos, Staff Writer

Becton Regional’s Art and Music Festival was held in the school gym and B-PAC Thursday, April 16, and the schools that joined Becton to participate in the event were Faust Middle School and Carlstadt Public School.

Every art student enrolled in an art course was required to submit at least one illustration, so festival attendees would have the chance to view their talent. The art ranged from sculptures, water color, two dimensional, three dimensional, photography and sketches. Students had a chance to vote on what piece they thought was the best during their class periods, and the winners will be announced this week.

Art Teacher Mrs. Savincki said, “The way we choose what pieces go in all depends on the effort, creativity, and that the piece looks complete,” when addressing how she chose the art presented at the show.

During the music portion of the festival, the Becton Regional Choir performed “Heal the World” and “I Knew You Were Trouble.” The concert band performed “Atlas,” “Pinball Wizard”, and “Brick House.”

“It was an amazing experience– I really loved being a part of it,” said Junior Cordell Greer.

Some of the section leaders in band were Senior Rebecca Cruz playing the saxophone, Sophomore Pablo Hernandez playing the trumpet, and Senior Darius Seda on percussion. The choir officers that played a role in the performances were Rebecca Cruz and Krystyl Morin.

“I’m really sad this is my last year being a part of what I consider to be like my family. It has been an amazing experience. I will always have choir and band in my heart, and the lessons Mr. Moore taught me will stay with me for the rest of my life,” said Rebecca Cruz regarding her last year at Becton.

The winners of the 2014-2015 art show.
The winners of the 2014-2015 art show.