Becton Student/Parent Handbook goes digital

A digital version of the Becton Student/Parent Handbook can be found on the Becton website.

A digital version of the Becton Regional High School Student/Parent Handbook can now be found on the Becton website located within the information bar on the left of the web page.

“The shift to digital resources, rather than hard copies, was made to provide resources for parents and students anytime anywhere,” stated Principal Dr. Sforza.

“The switch to making a digital version of the handbook available to students and parents makes it easier for our students to find important information that they may need to help facilitate their school year. Moreover, we made the decision to go digital this school year because of the start of our exciting One-to-One Chromebook Initiative for all students,” the Becton principal added.

Furthermore, the online version of the handbook also allows for the high school to save money that would otherwise have been spent on materials and resources to make physical copies. “We will hopefully be able to reallocate the saved funds on various other school initiatives that will continue to improve Becton Regional H.S.,” said Dr. Sforza. 

the digital version…allows for instant information.

— Dr. Sforza

Students who are more comfortable accessing a physical version of the student handbook, however, do have that option. During this transition year, there will still be a fixed amount of physical handbooks, but the Becton administration urges students to take advantage of the digital version as it allows for “instant information”.

“We have not received any complaints on the decision to switch to a digital handbook; in fact, students and staff members have praised the digital shift,” added the Becton principal.

The digital version remains the same as the physical version in terms of overall layout, and any distinct features include links for parents to use, so they can gain instant access to the information. Additional features may be planned in the future to improve the user experience.

“We are excited about making Becton Regional High School a more technology-friendly environment, and making an online digital version of the handbook available for parents, students and staff is just one of the many steps we are taking,” stated Dr. Sforza.