December Student of the Month: Joe Lesho

Photo Credit: Sabryna Almeida

Senior Joe Lesho has earned recognition as December Student of the Month.

Sabryna Almeida and Anthony Cioce

For the month of December, Becton is honoring Joe Lesho with the title of Student of the Month.

Joe Lesho is a Carlstadt native who has always excelled in school. He is currently ranked number 8 in the senior class and holds a GPA of 97 percent. Joe is a captain for the Becton Football Team and is also a member of the wrestling team. Besides athletics, he is a member of the National Honor Society and likes to fish during his spare time.

The honor student sees himself pursuing accounting in the future and has applied to many colleges including Pace University, Sacred Heart University, Salve Regina University and Fordham University. He  has currently been accepted into Wilkes University, Widener University and Farleigh Dickson University. The Student of the Month said he definitely does not want to commute to college and feels as though living on campus would help enhance the college experience.

One of Joe’s biggest influencers would be Guidance Department Supervisor Mr. Caprio. The senior had Mr. Caprio for history class during his junior year and claims that he made learning enjoyable. Joe noted that he is inspired by him in many ways. His experience with Mr. Caprio helped change him as a person, not just as a student. “Although he is now back in guidance, I know I can always turn to him for help with whatever I need.”

Joe thanks the Becton community for all his success. “Becton has taught me how to manage my time, set goals for myself and get involved in the school community,” he stated.