October Student of the Month: Anna Dato

The October Student of the Month has achieved a 4.0 grade point average.

Jana Christiano, Staff Writer

Due to her academic achievements and active involvement inside and outside of Becton, Senior Anna Dato has been chosen as October Student of the Month. Anna is ranked sixth in her class with a 4.0 grade point average.

“I feel like all my hard work has finally paid off,” she said.

For the past four years, Anna has been a member of the Girls Helping Girls Club, Key Club and Becton Varsity Cheerleading Squad. She also takes on a leadership role as president of the National Honor Society and is a member of the Italian Honor Society as well.

Inside the classroom, Anna is most interested in the subject of anatomy and physiology because she is interested in the field of health and enjoys the fact that the class incorporates a few branches of science.

The October Student of the Month plans on continuing her education either at The College of New Jersey, Seton Hall University or Scranton University.

I feel like all my hard work has finally paid off.

— Anna Dato, October SOTM

Anna plans on pursuing a career in nursing and is currently completing an internship at The Valley Hospital in Ridgewood, New Jersey.

The honor student considers her older brother as a role model. “He is academically talented and is always striving for the best,” she said.

During her free time, Anna likes to volunteer at the Bergen County Commission on the Status of Women, and she also enjoys the company of her family.