The Cat's Eye View

The Cat's Eye View

The Cat's Eye View

Janurary Artist of the Month: Teagan DeVoe

The Artist of the Month for January is Teagan DeVoe!

Artist of the Month is chosen by Becton’s Art Department who commend a student’s hard work and devotion to their classes and art. DeVoe found out she won through an announcement over the loudspeaker during school and later received a certificate.

Her art piece that won the contest was based on a person, and constructed with shapes (mostly triangles). Students used careful attention to detail in order to match realistic colors for hair and skin.

DeVoe’s art piece was chosen by Mrs. Lennon, who had nominated her for Artist of the Month. Mrs. Lennon expresses, “Teagan always completes her work with a high level of care and attention to detail. She’s been creating high quality artwork in graphic design class all year!”

DeVoe’s art piece.

DeVoe, a sophomore at Becton, declares that “graphic design has always stood out to her.” DeVoe noted the long process of creating the artwork, and even received an extended amount of time to make her art piece perfect. “I am very proud of that project. It took weeks to complete. I am very grateful,” explains DeVoe.

Teagan DeVoe hopes to attend school for graphic design in the future, furthering her passion.

Congratulations Teagan! Keep up the good work!