The Cat's Eye View

The Cat's Eye View

The Cat's Eye View

Pita Bowl Food Truck Fundraiser

Jan. 24

Becton introduces a fresh and fun way for freshmen and sophomores to raise money for their classes! The Pita Bowl Food Truck will be available this coming Jan. 24 for both students and staff to pre-order Mediterranean food for pickup, or purchase on-site, in the Becton school parking lot.

“The menu involves a variety of delicious options such as a greek burger and fries, spinach and artichoke balls, chicken on a stick, salads, pretzels and more! What looks most interesting is the “Greek City Special” which is sliced gyro meat over greek fries drizzled with feta and special greek pink sauce and a dab of garlic hummus-chicken- YUM!” expresses Freshman-Sophomore Class Advisor Ms. Angela Calasso. Not only does the truck serve chicken, beef and falafel pita bowls and gyros, it also features vegan and vegetarian options, which are just as flavorful! That way, everyone is able to get a taste of the food truck experience!

To make this fundraiser happen, Ms. Calasso has partnered with an organization called Best Food Trucks, who provide many schools, businesses, events and organizations with the opportunity to eat new and fresh foods. If this fundraiser is successful, Ms. Calasso hopes to partner with Playa Bowls in the spring and gift the students with an ice cream truck in the toward the end of the year as well!

You can order ahead for pick-up until 1/22 HERE.