The Cat's Eye View

The Cat's Eye View

The Cat's Eye View

Becton’s Barbie Dream Homecoming Dance

Homecoming Weekend: Oct. 14
Homecoming+King%2C+Salvatore+Penna%2C+and+Homecoming+Queen%2C+Skyla+Tallakson%2C+get+honored+with+applause+from+their+peers+at+the+dance.+
Homecoming King, Salvatore Penna, and Homecoming Queen, Skyla Tallakson, get honored with applause from their peers at the dance.

On Saturday, October 14, 2023 Barbie’s Dream Homecoming Bash took place from 6:30-9:00 p.m. and it was as glorious as the film! Student Council Advisor Ms. Polmann and Student Coordinator Ms. O’Driscoll were such dolls and transformed the wildcat gymnasium into a pink and glittery party! When surveyed, the student body had a lot of feedback on the success of the dance and how to make it even better for next year. All in all, O’Driscoll and Polmann thoroughly enjoyed planning the event and the study body enjoyed attending it!

Obviously, the gym was adorned with ornate pink decorations and many photo worthy backdrops. Besides standing in line to be photographed in Barbie’s box, the food was another big hit. There was an array of specialty pretzels, empanadas, and dozens of pastries. When asked about her experience, O’Driscoll was delighted to say that the dance was a smashing success, “It truly looked like Barbie’s dream homecoming,” she declared with a smile. She also revealed that this year’s elaborate decorations were thanks to Polmann and a decorating company she contacted- Bling My Party Rentals. Polmann stated, “The biggest challenge in planning the dance was certainly arranging the decor, but we were lucky to hire such a fantastic team!”

Becton could not have a Barbie Bash without Barbie’s dream house!

Additionally, the student body enjoyed the food that was served and were pleased by the musical stylings of this year’s DJ– Becton alumni Mikey Cabrera. O’Driscoll divulged, “We received empanadas from The Empanada Shop in Wood-Ridge, mini pretzel rivets, mini hot dogs, and cheesesteak pretzels from The Philly Pretzel Factory in Hasbrouck Heights, and a delicious assortment of baked goods from Veriella’s Bakery in Carlstadt.” Moreover, Becton Alumni Michael Cabrera returned to the gym as a DJ and kept the energy sky high.

Student Council President – Christian Perez revealed that he had a wonderful time attending, “The dance was very successful. The DJ did a good job and everyone seemed to be having a great time. It was refreshing to see everyone participating, especially during fan-favorite songs such as the Cha-Cha Slide,” he answered with a smile.

Students and friends, Matias Ochoa and Gia Gil, had a blast at the dance as well. Ochoa happily said, “I did enjoy the theme a lot and I found it to be not only relevant, but also very clever with how people could style it! I liked that so many people were wearing pink. I also admired the effort put into how well decorated the gym was.” Gil continued, “I had so much fun! It was a humongous upgrade from last year!”

Becton students “Dancing the Night” away!

Teachers who chaperoned also had a pleasant time and were definitely favorable to the theme. Ms. Nunez expressed her gratitude by affirming that she had a super fun time and that it made her happy to see all the students having a special night. Mrs. Robinson agreed and shared that she loved the chocolate covered pretzels!

In conclusion, Becton’s Barbie Bash was a joyful experience for all participants and it was certainly rewarding to those who organized it to see their efforts appreciated. Polmann, O’Driscoll, and the student council volunteers who assisted in decorating the gym worked very hard and believe their hard work paid off!

IMG-3467
Orientation: 1
« of 92 »