The Guidance Department Welcomes Ms. Rashid!

There is a new guidance counselor at Becton Regional High School and her name is Sasha Rashid! Rashid is in charge of counseling ninth through twelfth grade students. To get to know Rashid, she graduated from Ramapo college and then graduated from Touro Law in 2011. Rashid was not entirely sure about practicing law, and ultimately found her calling when she worked at Rutgers Law School in student affairs. During her time there she discovered her passion for working with students.

This is Rashid’s first year working full-time as a guidance counselor; however, for the past decade she has worked in higher education– most recently as Assistant Director of Undergraduate Admissions at Kean University. While working in admissions it was revealed to her how much more guidance students needed to be fully prepared for the college process. Rashid expresses “I loved how I would get to work with students for all four years, as opposed to just seniors while they were applying.  A lot can happen over four years and helping students plan for their future– whether it be college, career, or military– is super important to me. Plus, it is incredibly fulfilling!” 

Rashid is proud to work at Becton. She shares, “I was excited to work at a school with a diverse student population that is growing each year, but still maintains that tight-knit community feeling.  I love all the activities, sports, and classes that Becton offers to its students.” On that note, Rashid is also the advisor of the Peer Leadership Program at Becton and is “eager to get the program up-and-running.” As for how Rashid enjoys her free time, she remarks that her favorite moments are spending time at the beach, reading, working out at Soul-Cycle, and baking gluten-free treats. 

The Becton Community welcomes Sasha Rashid to the Guidance Department!