Becton school store helps provide scholarships, donations to many

One can find apparel as well as after school snacks at the store.

Savannah Jones, Editor

The Becton school store, located right outside the B-PAC, is open daily from 2:46 p.m. until 3:05 p.m., though the store will stay open until 3:15 p.m. if necessary.

Upon entering, there are several items that one can find for sale including Becton apparel, food, drinks, school supplies, and locks for gym lockers. In terms of Becton items, the store offers t-shirts, hoodies, flip flops, drawstring bags, and magnets. If one needs a quick drink after school or for a big game, he or she can also find water, iced tea, Kool Aid, Gatorade, and soda. Finally, the store sells several snacks including, chips, cookies, candies, and chocolate.

“I think it’s great that they have school supplies, Becton apparel and Coke all under the same roof,” said Junior Zak Kandiel.

Others said that if they had a choice, they would like to see Dri Fit clothing for sale along with cough drops, Fiber One bars, and more sports related snacks.

Mrs. Romanello, a Becton parent and avid participant of Partners in Education, said the money that the school store makes goes to a number of different places; however, a majority of it has to go towards restocking the store.

Mrs. Romanello also said that they award four scholarships to Becton students ranging from $250-$400 each year depending on how much money the school store makes. The profits are also used to donate money to teams, clubs and organizations. At the end of the year, if there is any money left over, it goes to the school to purchase non-budgeted items.

“We also provide a healthy breakfast or snack for our teachers on Teacher Appreciation Day,” she said.

So next time you get hungry, head to the school store and help support the Becton community.