The Cat's Eye View

The Cat's Eye View

The Cat's Eye View

Becton’s Head of Security: Mr. Dominick Parillo

This year Becton has hired Dominick Parillo, our Head of Security, to ensure the saftey of our growing school population.

Mr. Parillo’s former career consisted of law enforcement. Mr. Parillo has expressed that he has been a part of the police force for a long time, and has gone through some rough training to mentally and physically prepare himself for a multitude of situations that may occur. As for his new position, he has been trained and has hands-on experience with the latest surveillance systems used to keep an eye on any part of the school building at any time. “My main goal here is to keep students and staff safe,” Mr. Parillo attests.

Outside of Mr. Parillo’s law enforcement career, he is currently a personal trainer. He has also stayed consistent with his athletic hobbies which include, running, cycling, riding his motorcycle, Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, training in hockey, and finally basketball. “I try to maintain a high level of fitness which allows me to be very active throughout the day and have the ability to move throughout the school with ease,” he explains.

As a Becton alumni, Mr. Parillo expressed that he has a lot of loyalty toward this school, which he graduated from back in 1995. He has also shared that, “It’s very different…it is fun being back as an employee as opposed to a student. I would not want to work in any other public school. I like working here because the environment is very fun and energetic,” Mr. Parillo voiced his enthusiasm, “I knew several staff members prior to starting here. The staff here are helpful and friendly.”

The daily duties of Mr. Parillo generally consist of walking the hallways to spot anything amiss. His main area of work is around the main office, gym, and our JW Pac Center, but he is constantly monitoring the halls. Additionally, security has been, and will continue to be, present not only during the school day, but at school events such as sports games, dances, or any other high-volume event.

Becton is in the process of hiring more security–but nontheless, with Mr. Parillo’s background knowledge and determination– coupled with the fact that this is a long-term commitment on his end, it is clear that Henry P. Becton Regional High School is going to continue to be a very successful, fun, and most importantly, a safe environment for students and staff.