Michael Lind Mixes in with Becton´s Science Department!

Mr.+Lind+spending+the+day+outside+learning+with+his+students%21+

Mr. Lind spending the day outside learning with his students!

Becton Regional High School welcomes Michael Lind to Becton´s Science Department as a new chemistry teacher. He joins us all the way from his hometown of Hazlet, New Jersey. Mr. Lind did not always know he would become a teacher. Before starting college, he had considered many different avenues, including the military, trade school, sports, and athletic training. However, during the spring semester of his last year in high school, Mr. Lind had a significant experience while coaching a younger student in which he realized “if [he] could make one impact on one little kid, what could [he] do for many others?” He had then planned to become an elementary school teacher when he first started college but later found his calling in secondary education. 

Lind initially started his higher education at Manhattanville College. He then transferred after one year to Brookdale Community College, where he earned his associates over the course of two years. He then completed his education at Seton Hall University, where he spent two years majoring in Chemistry and Secondary Education, recently graduating in 2021. Chemistry has always interested Lind, and he feels really in his element when teaching it!

Lind is extremely ecstatic to be at Becton and feels very grateful for being a part of such an amazing and close-knit family. He plans to create a fun, interesting, and exciting environment for his students in his classroom this year and one that they enjoy attending. Sophomore Victoria Hernandez Garcia confirms that he is already succeeding with his goals and stated that “Mr. Lind’s teaching style is very relaxed and student-driven meaning that students are always being involved which makes his class feel like a “family.”

In addition to his new teaching position, Lind is also the new Varsity Baseball Coach for Becton. Lind tells that “Baseball has been a passion of mine ever since I could walk.” Ever since his retirement from playing, it has been a dream of his to coach a team and pass on his knowledge and passion to the next group of athletes. Lind has had past experience in coaching at the baseball showcase level for one of the top programs in New Jersey, Sportika Baseball Academy. Lind states that his main goal for this baseball season is “to set a culture and routine within Becton Baseball” and assures that “just because my playing career is over, doesn’t mean I can’t help enhance someone else’s.”