Former Phys. Ed. Teacher, Ms. Giancaspro, Becomes TOA and Athletic Coordinator

October 6, 2014

Ms. Giancaspro has been appointed as the new Athletic Director of Becton Regional High School.

Ms. Annette Giancaspro, a former physical education, health, and driver’s education teacher for close to two decades, has recently been promoted to teacher on assignment as well as athletic coordinator.

With her new position, Ms. Giancaspro is required to handle student infractions, disciplinary issues, and student-parent conferences. The athletic coordinator is also expected to perform tasks such as scheduling games, taking inventory of equipment, making sure coach certifications are up to date, organizing busing and attending every home game for every Becton sport.

“I’m learning a lot, and I have two great mentors to follow,” said Ms. Giancaspro referring to Athletic Director Mr. Paladino and Principal Mr. Sforza.

Although both positions have created valuable opportunities for her, Ms. Giancaspro does admit, “I really do miss being hands on with the students and working with my colleagues in gym class.” However, the new teacher on assignment notes that she is glad that she has the ability to try something different and looks forward to the opportunities that this new position will bring.

Growing up, Ms. Giancaspro attended Becton Regional High School and scored 1,000 points during her basketball career. Following the footsteps of her then idol Larry Bird, a basketball player on the Celtics, she intended to pursue an active career which eventually brought her back to her alma mater.

Though she began as a physical education teacher, Ms. Giancaspro’s teaching certification has granted her bigger and better opportunities. As the school’s teacher on assignment and athletic coordinator, she plays a major role in the functionality of the Becton facility.

The Cat's Eye View • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in