Becton music students to perform Winter Wonderland Concert

Mr. Moore and his choir students take a break from dress rehearsal.

The Becton Music Department will be performing a Winter Wonderland Concert under the instruction of Mr. Corey Moore on December 11. The band, choir, and show choir will all be participating in the annual event.

Musical renditions of the Trans-Siberian Orchestra’s A Mad Russian’s Christmas, Wizards in Winter, and Christmas Eve in Sarajevo will be included in the night’s production, as well as the choir’s performance of When We’re Together, Love Is An Open Door, and December Nights.

In addition to that, the show choir will also be performing My Favorite Things and Let it Snow. According to Mr. Moore, a key aspect about the show choir’s performance is that it is based off of the Judy Garland Christmas Special television episode that aired in 1963 in black and white.

“While some of our musicians have found the level of the music to be quite challenging, they also have developed a greater sense of accomplishment through all of their hard work,” said the music teacher.

The event will have a few soloist performers, Sophomore Blaze Grabowski who will be performing Linus and Lucy on the piano and Sophomore Tracy Kelly who will be singing Santa Baby. Most recently two more solos have been added to the program, which are to be performed by seniors.  Jacklyn Sewastianowicz will be performing a vocal solo entitled Last Christmas by Wham!.  Also, Nikola Gielarowiec will open the evening with a solo performance of the Star-Spangled Banner.

The Becton Music Department also has a new extension to the program known as the Bec-Tones. This a cappella group is made up of the choral students who will be performing All I Want For Christmas Is You.

On the night of the event, the JWPAC doors will open at 6:30 p.m., and the performance will begin at 7:00 p.m. Becton Music Department students are currently distributing “tickets” designed simply to be a handout for the date and time. A ticket is not needed for entry.