Senior Jimenez completes hands-on internship at Becton

“I have learned the various ins and outs about the basic electrical wiring in a typical house,

“I have learned the various ins and outs about the basic electrical wiring in a typical house," said Fabrizio.

Konrad Messyasz, Staff Writer

Senior Fabrizio Jimenez has successfully completed an internship while assisting Becton’s custodial staff during the 2017-2018 school year. In addition to being an intern, the Becton senior has worked alongside the staff during the past two summers as a paid employee.

“Fabrizio has been a great help this past year as an intern, and the same goes for when he is working for us over the summer break. He effectively helped us out with maintaining the mechanics and electrical wiring of Becton, and we will be hiring him again next year,” stated Mr. Phil Caputo, Supervisor of Buildings and Grounds.

During his internship, Fabrizio has also been shadowing the Becton custodians and working closely with them on various tasks. A notable example is completing the process of the ‘spring startup’ on the roof of the building in order to activate ventilation and air conditioning for the warmer months. He also helped maintain the heating during the winter. “At this point, I feel very comfortable being around and working with the staff at Becton,” he said.

Furthermore, during his internship, the Becton senior was tasked with wiring a model house, which was plotted on a board. “He successfully implanted and wired electrical boxes, switches and receptacle lighting,” stated Mr. Caputo. 

Mr. Caputo mentored me until I was able to effectively understand it…”

— Fabrizio Jimenez, Class of 2018

“I’m very glad that I managed to complete it,” said Fabrizio. “I have learned the various ins and outs about the basic electrical wiring in a typical house. I started learning about it in the latter half of the second marking period. I wasn’t aware of the complexity at first, but over time, Mr. Caputo mentored me until I was able to effectively understand it, and that allowed me to pull through and complete the project.”

Mr. Caputo commented that Fabrizio did an “excellent job” with wiring the model house, and he will be presenting it to the rest of the staff in the media center sometime soon.” 

“Mr. Caputo and the custodial staff have taught me a lot these past couple of years, and I am looking forward to working with them again over the next summer break,” said the senior intern.

About the Writer
Konrad Messyasz, Staff Writer
Konrad is into drawing and making art and is able to effectively provide quality in that subject matter. He enjoys playing video games, and he is intrigued by them from a artistic and design standpoint. He enjoys his time thinking about and projecting interesting concepts in game design and art. Konrad is good at receiving...
  • Senior Jimenez completes hands-on internship at Becton

Class of 2018 News

Class of 2018 Valedictorian: Victoria Gatopoulos

Class of 2018 News

Class of 2018 Salutatorian: Timothy Reid

Class of 2018 News

Multi-colored graduation cords to be worn at 2018 commencement ceremony

Class of 2018 News

Senior Gramlich awarded Hackensack UMC scholarship

Class of 2018 News

Class of 2018 Post-Graduate Plans

Class of 2018 News

Senior Class President Kuc fulfills leadership goals, looks forward to speaking at graduation

Class of 2018 News

Senior Cao’s book available for purchase on Amazon

Becton 2017-2018 Highlights

Class of 2018 Commitment Day

Class of 2018 News

Senior Cao participates in American Legion scholarship program

Class of 2018 News

Senior Yoo earns Most Valuable Judge Award