Becton’s DeCarlo, Nuila & Zuwatsky to attend 2018 Girls’ Career Institute

Becton juniors Lynda DeCarlo, Jaylen Nuila, and Beth Zuwatsky have been selected to attend this year's Girls' Career Institute.

Juniors Lynda DeCarlo, Jaylen Nuila, and Beth Zuwatsky have been nominated to participate in the New Jersey Girls’ Career Institute, which will be held from June 4 through June 7 this year.

The Girls’ Career Institute is sponsored by the New Jersey State Federation of Women’s Clubs at GFWC, and the purpose of the annual event is to educate females on matters related to women and give them the opportunity to become aware of contemporary issues.

The three upperclassmen from Becton will be immersed in the “mini college experience” at Douglass College on the Rutgers University campus. While staying on the New Brunswick grounds, they will listen to a number of lectures and attend career-related workshops hosted by numerous professionals throughout the state.

“The chosen females will be dorming with other girls from various high schools in New Jersey, and they are encouraged to interact and bond with these other students to get a better taste of the typical college environment,” stated Guidance Counselor Ms. Calvanico.

“I am honored that I was chosen among the many other people, and I am very excited to attend and gain some experience on living in a college environment,” stated Jaylen. “Attending the institute will not only give me the benefit of learning from various inspirational women, but it will also help me get accepted into colleges that I want by putting the experience on my transcript,” she added.

As far as being selected to attend the event, Ms. Calvanico mentioned that the Women’s Club of Carlstadt visits Becton to speak with the junior girls. All those interested then receive an application, and the selection is finalized through interviews.

“I am very excited about being chosen, and I’m glad that I will be exposed to several careers. We’ve all grown up together, and I believe that the local women’s club made the right choices,” stated Lynda.

Beth added, “It will be a good opportunity to gain college experience before actually going to college.”

“Overall, it is an empowering program for women to learn what other women are able to accomplish in the workforce, and I am very pleased with the selection,” stated Ms. Calvanico.

• Becton’s DeCarlo, Nuila & Zuwatsky to attend 2018 Girls’ Career Institute

Showcase

Spanish Language Instructor Ms. Ruiz organizes Multicultural Exchange Assembly

Showcase

Juniors Wojna & Brizzolara to attend Boys State this June

Showcase

Senior Jimenez completes hands-on internship at Becton

Showcase

School Nurse Ms. Dumansky set to retire this June

Showcase

Culinary Instructor Ms. Marut attends REF symposium

Becton 2017-2018 Highlights

Class of 2018 Commitment Day

Becton 2017-2018 Highlights

Becton announces this year’s honor guards

In Case You Missed It

Criminal Justice class witnesses functions of county court system

In Case You Missed It

Dr. Khatchig Mouradian presents BRHS students with lecture on Armenian Genocide

In Case You Missed It

Cybersecurity analyst educates Becton females on male-dominated career field

Translate »