Filed under Class of 2018 News

Senior Kuc earns perfect score in science section of ACT; scores near perfect in English

Rafael Kuc will be pursuing a career as a physician.

Senior Rafael Kuc is proving himself to be quite the scholar with a scaled score of a 36/36 on the science portion and a 34/36 on the English portion of the ACT.

“My scores on the ACT reflect my interest in science and what I want to do in that specific field,” said Rafael.

Wanting to pursue a job in the medical field when he is older, Rafael specifically hopes to become a physician.

“I’m hoping that my scores help me get into a prestigious school where I can be exposed to new opportunities and continue to grow as a student,” he said. 

He is a very driven and hardworking student.”

— Mrs. Scalera

“He is a very driven and hardworking student. He is absolutely wonderful in my class and has much potential. I really see him going far in life with whatever he chooses to do,” said Rafael’s AP English Teacher Mrs. Scalera.

Rafael’s Calculus Honors Instructor Mrs. Ferris added, “I truly believe he’ll make it far in college. I can see that he has a lot of commitment for somebody so young. I think he will succeed no matter where he goes.”

• Senior Kuc earns perfect score in science section of ACT; scores near perfect in English

Class of 2018 News

Becton Technology Intern Austin Kim earns computer science certificate

Class of 2018 News

Senior Thomas is nominated for Heart of a Giant Award

Features

Junior Guyre donates pet turtle to Heights resident

Clubs & Activities

Political Science Club offered at Becton

Showcase

Select Becton students highlighted as ‘Jets Upstander of the Week’

Fall Sports

Captains Sewastianowicz & Kanani lead girls’ tennis team

Student Spotlight

October Student of the Month: Timothy Reid

Clubs & Activities

Peer leaders participate in year-long Chick-fil-A Leader Academy

Showcase

Signage displays keep Becton community digitally informed

Showcase

Becton’s Grading Policy Committee makes several key changes