October Student of the Month: Roy Forys

Senior Class President Roy Forys reflects on his time at Becton.

Miranda Febus, Editor

This year’s October Student of the Month is Senior Class President Roy Forys. Ranked number eight with a cumulative GPA of 98.3, he was recently nominated to be the second senior granted the title.

With Cornell University and Tufts University as his top choices, Roy aspires to study either neurology or chemical engineering. “Hard work takes you a long way,” he noted. He is still concentrating on working hard through his final year at Becton before attending college.

Outside of school and his favorite classes, calculus and chemistry, Roy also partakes in several extracurricular activities. He plays football, wrestling, and baseball on top of participating in Student Council, Key Club, Math League, the Environmental Club, National Honor Society, and Spanish Honor Society.

Beyond Becton, Roy enjoys working out and playing sports when he has free time. “I enjoy playing hacky sack along with horse rides on the beach, and saving the whales,” he jokes.

Believing in Patrick Henry’s words, “Give me liberty or give me death,” Roy also feels that the transition from high school to college will be bittersweet. “Leaving friends [will be bitter] but college opens up a whole new world and more opportunities.”