Class of 2017 Salutatorian: Ryan Strauss

The Class of 2017 Salutatorian will be attending Drew University in the fall.

Savannah Jones, Editor

As Class of 2017 Salutatorian, Ryan Strauss has maintained a strong 3.9 grade point average, and with his senior year coming to a close, the salutatorian is taking time to reflect on his four years at Becton.

“I’m really going to miss my friends and debate,” Ryan said.

Ryan has always managed to stay on top of his schoolwork while balancing school activities like debate, concert band, Spanish Honor Society, peer leadership and being an active treasurer of the National Honor Society.

Though he has enjoyed his years at Becton and will miss his friends and teachers, Ryan will not miss having to “wake up early for school every day”.

Ryan encourages underclassmen to work hard to achieve their goals but not to worry too much because high school does not define you.  “It will still be possible to get into great colleges,” he said.

“After high school you have a clean slate. Work hard but don’t overwork yourself,” Ryan added.

In the fall, Ryan will be attending Drew University here in New Jersey where he plans to major in either history or political science, interests which both stem from his years successfully debating with his partner Senior Zak Kandiel.

While attending Drew University, the salutatorian hopes to gain experience and knowledge, and shortly after, complete graduate school.