November Student of the Month: Amber Jordan

Amber Jordan is the Salutatorian of the Class of 2017.

Cecilia Munoz, Staff Writer

As an honor for her hard work and commitment at BRHS, Amber Jordan has been named the November Student of the Month for the 2016-17 school year.

Amber holds a current GPA of 98 and is the Salutatorian of the Class of 2017.

“All my hard work has paid off,” she said.

Amber has participated in many clubs and activities all throughout her four years at Becton. She has been a member of the National Honor Society, Girls Helping Girls Club, Key Club, tennis team and track team. 

With her favorite subject being science, she has enjoyed her biology class as well as her anatomy and physiology class. “I’m very interested in the human body and how it works,” she explained.

The honor student has had a few colleges in mind including Georgetown, NYU, Johns Hopkins, Northeastern and the University of North Carolina. She plans on becoming a pediatric dermatologist due to the fact that she has struggled with a skin condition. “I feel like I can relate my experience with my future patients,” she said.

Amber considers her grandma to be her role model because she was a nurse anesthetist, which opened her eyes to the field of medicine. Her grandma was also the nurse at NYU, which is one of the colleges she is considering attending.  She noted that her family is always motivating her to do her best in everything, and she is very grateful for them.

During her free time, the November Student of the Month enjoys playing tennis, reading, binge-watching Netflix, singing and eating Chinese food, specifically from Panda Express.