Becton students say ‘Ciao!’ to Mrs. Bonanno

Jana Christiano, Staff Writer

Coming from numerous years of experience, Mrs. Bonanno is entering the 2016-2017 school year as an Italian teacher at Becton Regional High School.

During her previous years, she has worked in areas such as New York City and Morristown, New Jersey and for the Pascack Valley Regional High School District in Bergen County.  Mrs. Bonanno decided that she wanted to start teaching Italian considering that it was where she grew up. She lived there and wanted to teach others about the Italian culture. She also felt the constant need to step in and help people who do not know how to speak proper Italian.

Mrs. Bonanno wanted to start teaching at Becton considering that it was a convenient location near her home and also because she has heard positive information about the school system. Furthermore, the Italian teacher taught in a middle school last year, so she thought that it would be great to be back teaching in a high school.

Along with liking Becton, she is also starting to adjust to the new rotate block schedule. She feels that it is “efficient” and good for teachers along with students to take a break from that certain class for a specific day. Also, it allows for the teachers to have more time to prepare fun lessons and projects to perform during class time.

Considering that she is still very new to Becton, she has yet to share close relationships with her students. She hopes to bond with them and become close by the end of the year.

The Italian teacher has many goals that she would like her students to achieve. One of them is that she wants her students to walk out of Becton knowing how to communicate strictly through Italian. She also wants them to have good basic skills just in case they run into a situation where they need to speak the language. Lastly, for her senior students, she would love for them to continue to be passionate about their love for the language through college and carry it on into their future.

Besides her immediate family, which includes her husband and children ages 9 months and 6 years old, all of her other family lives in Italy.

During her spare time she likes to spend time with her children. She enjoys playing around with them considering she does not get to see them throughout the day.

• Becton students say ‘Ciao!’ to Mrs. Bonanno

Teacher Feature

History Teacher Mr. Carr scores APUSH essays

Teacher Feature

Summertime and the living ISN’T easy

Teacher Feature

Ms. Klamerus oversees hundreds of counselors at conference

Becton 2016-2017 Highlights

Interdisciplinary lesson introduces students to Panamanian culture

Teacher Feature

Congratulations Mrs. Muniz and Ms. Peck!

Becton 2016-2017 Highlights

Mrs. Ferris named 2016-2017 Teacher of the Year

Becton 2016-2017 Highlights

Mrs. Melchionne receives 2016-2017 Educational Service Professional Award

Teacher Feature

Faculty Flashback

Teacher Feature

Faculty Flashback

Becton 2016-2017 Highlights

Bienvenido to BRHS, Senora Ruiz