Physics Classes Head to Six Flags for Field Trip

Patrick Cao, Editor

Henry P. Becton’s High School’s Junior Physics classes took an adventurous trip to Six Flags Great Adventure Amusement Park on May 13th, 2016.

The trip was conducted by physics teacher Mr. Cantatore, along with chaperones of teachers and parents; the Junior physics class had enjoyed a blast of fun while learning aspects and laws of physics. The physics class’s journey had arrived at the amusement park at 10:00 A.M. and had left at 6:00 P.M. with more joyful memories and knowledge of physics. Juniors from the physics class that went on the trip have truly reflected upon their field trip and all of the fun and learning they have experienced.

The Juniors that went on the physics trip have mentioned that they gained perspective and exciting memories from the trip. Junior Alexa Montas states: “The roller coasters were probably the best part of the trip, along with the hour lunch with my friends where we just talked and had a fun time.” With a multitude of amusement rides and games, along with an hour long banquet of amusement park food, the Juniors physics class was quite invested in a joyous field trip they will never forget from their years in Becton High School.

Besides enjoying a rollercoaster or game to win a prize or even a long lunch, the Juniors physics class had also engaged their knowledge of physics. Mr. Cantatore handed out packets about the amusement park relating to physics, so Juniors truly had a source of educational material on the trip. Junior Allec Nico Santiago had elaborated with, “The packet that was given to us was actually relating to how rollercoasters and other rides move and accelerate with speed.” He continued: “Mr. Cantatore also described how physics can apply to the games we played, like when we had to throw balls to knock down all the bottles.” Overall, the field trip was both educational and fun for Mr. Cantatore’s students.