Special Education Teacher Ms. Eve Lee to retire from Becton

June 11, 2015

Ms. Eve Lee will be retiring from Becton in June.

After teaching at Becton for 30 years, Special Education Teacher Ms. Eve Lee will be entering retirement this June.

Ms. Lee was inspired to become a teacher back in 1981 because at that time in education, she wanted to teach the small percentage of students who were not served by the larger classes and inflexible mode of instruction.

“I have worked with her the entire time she has been in Becton. During that time, I have come to know Eve as a teacher who is always concerned for her students and their performance,” said Superintendent Mrs. Clarke.

When asked about some of her favorite Becton memories, the soon to be retiree responded with “There are too many to count. First, the time spent with my students in our day to day interactions is my favorite.  Then there is watching my two sons who attended Becton receive the best education from a caring and dedicated staff.  Finally, there is the time spent with the many people who have been my friends and have given me help and advice over the years.”

Special Education Instructor and SAC Counselor Ms. Klamerus said, “I have worked with Ms. Lee since 1989.  She was always very helpful, and we had lots of fun in and out of school. We even shared a great student teacher.  I wish Ms. Lee the best of luck and lots of good health and happiness in her retirement.  I will miss you.”

…I have come to know Eve as a teacher who is always concerned for her students and their performance.

— Superintendent Mrs. Clarke

Ms. Lee stated that she will miss her current students who will now have to get to know a new teacher for next year. She will also miss the day to day interactions with her colleagues with whom she spent more time with than any other people.

“I have worked with Eve for 27 years. She has always been so dedicated to helping her students that she inspires me to do more to understand students with special needs, and I emulate her dedication. I will miss her conversations at lunch and hearing about her sons who were both students of mine while they were at Becton,” said Science Teacher Ms. Braunstein.

Guidance Counselor Ms. Calvanico added, “I have enjoyed working with Ms. Lee as her supervisor, colleague and friend. We have worked together for 29 years, and she has always been a true professional who advocates for her students. We have also enjoyed many dinners and social events together. I wish for her a very happy and healthy retirement!”

As for retirement, Ms. Lee plans on spending it at the beach with Ms. Landrigan and with family and friends who live out of state.

Ms. Lee (left) as a first year teacher.
Ms. Lee (left) as a first year teacher.

Ms. Lee's college graduation photo.
Ms. Lee’s college graduation photo.

The Cat's Eye View • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in