Senior year nostalgia begins to set in

Senior Rebecca Sass thinks back to when she wore the Wildcat costume.

Akemi Yara, Staff Writer

As the school year comes to an end, Becton’s graduating class takes the time to reminisce on all the great memories from the past four years.

Senior Rebecca Sass looks back on the times she has attended the Model Congress trips. “Aside from having a good time, I have also made many friendships that will last a lifetime,” Rebecca commented. Another time the senior stated she would miss would be when she was the Wildcat at the school’s football games. “It was something totally unexpected, but I had so much fun being the mascot. It really added to my senior year,” she said.

Moving on, Senior Rebecca Cruz stated, “I’ll never forget getting the opportunities I was given to explore my passions and talents through the activities I have participated in throughout high school.” Rebecca has participated in debate, tennis, marching band, show choir, Science Olympiad, the Robotics Club and is currently a peer leader. “I don’t have a specific memory; however, I will always look back at being on the tennis team and just having a good time laughing at Mr. Kuhns for having a food reference for anything you could think of,” she stated

Jeannette Vivanco’s favorite high school memory includes winning a gavel for best judge at the varsity debate hosted at Becton. “It felt great to know that after all four years in debate all my hard work paid off.” Other times she will remember are when the Becton Football Team won their game against Hasbrouck Heights after having lost to them two years in a row, and the time the team made it to the second round of states after beating Bogota.

Moreover, Joseph Han’s favorite memory is from his freshman year. “I remember walking into Mrs. La Spina’s math class one day after she had looked at my previous grades, and I had aced the first quarterly exam. She had asked me why I was in her class, implying that I should have been placed in a higher level math class,” Joseph noted. Joseph later went on to comment that Ms. La Spina asked him to help tutor his peers in algebra. “She was one of my favorite math teachers and was an overall awesome person,” he said.

Last but certainly not least, Senior Gianna Feroldi really enjoyed going to the prom this year. She said, “It was an amazing experience seeing everyone together dressed up and having a good time.”