January Student of the Month: Giuseppe Penna

The January Student of the Month, Giuseppe Penna, is enrolled in a study hall to help him complete his school work.

Miranda Febus, Editor

Becton’s January Student of the Month is Student Council Vice President Giuseppe Penna. Known as ‘Joe’ by his classmates, he has been granted the honor primarily for his high rank of third in the class with an overall grade point average of 99.81.

Although Joe may miss his friends and family once he graduates, he is excited for a new experience in college. The Student of the Month hopes to attend either Cornell University, New York University or Villanova University, where he plans on studying finance.

“I love math class. I love to work with numbers,” Joe stated, noting his favorite classes are Calculus A and AP Physics. Outside of his rigorous schedule, Joe participates in Key Club, Environmental Club, and Math League. He is also a member of the National Honor Society and the Italian Honor Society. Joe also participates in Becton sports, including baseball and football.

Moving on, the honor student believes that the most important aspect he has learned in high school is that hard work pays off. His advice for aspiring Students of the Month would be to work hard, get involved in the school community, and be a good mentor to underclassmen. “It takes one small act of kindness to change a life,” he stated.

When Joe is not in school or working at Chipotle, he enjoys spending time with his friends and eating pizza. He can also be found studying during his spare time to enhance his knowledge and help him continue to succeed. He notes that his favorite quote is “Heroes get remembered, but legends never die.”