March Student of the Month: Taylor Murphy

Taylor’s favorite subject in high school is mathematics.

Patrick Cao, Editor

Senior Taylor Murphy has been honored with the title of March Student of the Month due to her excellence in academics and participation in numerous extracurricular activities.

Taylor has always been a part of Becton’s school spirit with her four years as a Varsity cheerleader along with her participation in Key Club and Girls Helping Girls. She also played softball during her freshman year in high school. Outside of school, the Student of the Month works as a cashier at Harmon Face Values in Carlstadt.

Taylor has a vast interest in the medical field and dreams of becoming a physical therapist. “I would like to one day become a physical therapist because it’s a more hands-on job, which seems like something I would do,” she said. She noted that ever since her brother had suffered from an automobile accident, her interest in the medical field has grown.

“Taylor is a perfect student. She is considerable, kind, respectful, hardworking and very intelligent. I just love her,” said the Student of the Month’s English and film and literature instructor, Mrs. Gatto.

Ms. Prinzo, Taylor’s public speaking teacher, added, “She is confident and extremely organized. Her positivity is absolutely contagious.”

Taylor’s favorite subject is mathematics. “I’ve always had a love for math, all kinds of it really,” she said.

At the moment, the senior said that she is occupied with keeping her grades up and focusing on her goals for the future.