January Student of the Month: Ciara Morin

Photo Credit: Savannah Jones

January Student of the Month Senior Ciara Morin is secretary of the National Honor Society.

Savannah Jones, Editor

January Student of the Month Ciara Morin is ranked fourth in the senior class and has an overall grade point average of 97.

The honor student plans to go to college to study medicine and has been accepted into Penn State University, New Jersey Institute of Technology and the University of Maine. She noted that she is most likely to attend Penn State in the fall.

Ciara takes on many leadership roles at Becton as secretary of the National Honor Society, treasurer of Key Club and a group leader for Peer Leadership. Ms. Klamerus, the adviser of the Peer Leadership Club, stated, “[Ciara] is very instrumental in keeping the peer leader groups moving.”

Ciara has also been a member of the debate team, Girls Helping Girls, and the tennis team throughout her high school career.

During her free time, Ciara likes to just relax. “I hang with my dogs and friends, watch Netflix, read and listen to music,” she said.

Furthermore, the Student of the Month’s favorite quote is “Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations.” Though Ciara has challenged herself academically throughout her four years of high school, she is able to achieve amazing academic feats and because of that, hold leadership positions in various clubs.

Ciara encourages students to stay on top of their game in school if they want to be Student of the Month. Her advice is to “challenge yourself but to make sure you aren’t overloading yourself.”

“Join clubs and be involved, but do not take on more than you can handle. Stay strong and keep strong all the way to graduation,” she said.