Becton welcomes new girls’ basketball coach, Mrs. Bott

Mrs. Bott, Bectons new girls basketball coach, is looking forward to the upcoming season.

Mrs. Bott, Becton’s new girls’ basketball coach, is looking forward to the upcoming season.

Brittany Welsch, Staff Writer

Familiar with Becton basketball’s previous season, Mrs. Cherryl Bott, Becton’s new girls’ basketball coach, is looking forward to the 2014-2015 season and is optimistic about improving technique and leading the girls to victory. “We’re definitely going to work hard,” Mrs. Bott said. “I know how the team did last year, and as long as we can get better day by day and win a few games in between, I’m okay with that,” she added.

Mrs. Bott, who has played basketball for many years before becoming a coach, is very familiar with the game. “I’ve played basketball for Rutherford and Iona College,” she noted. She was an assistant coach for Rutherford High School and has been a head coach for Secaucus High School for seven years. She was also a softball coach in Secaucus before receiving the new position at Becton.

When Mrs. Bott is not coaching sports, she likes to spend time with her two sons and attend their football games. She also enjoys running New York City marathons every now and then. Mrs. Bott is looking forward to the new season and cannot wait to meet everyone as she starts a new chapter in her life.